Morris Drywall Systems, Inc.
“Performance” has built our business.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest level of honesty and professionalism with a steadfast commitment to performance and quality while building a future for both our employees and the communities we serve.
Contracted first project in Houston Texas.
Relocated office to Tyler, Texas, to establish a new base in the East and North Texas markets.
Opened a field office in Richardson, Texas, to allow for expansion and to provide a centralized hub for the North Texas operations.
Opened a field office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to allow for expansion and to provide a centralized hub for the Louisiana operations.
We pride ourselves at Morris Drywall Systems in our ability to extend our scope of work to help the General Contractor as much as possible. The fewer the subcontractors on a project the better the flow tends to be. While we have our typical scopes of work that we perform we are open to expand those horizons…
Morris Drywall has also taken steps to assist with your LEED Certified projects. We currently have two (Derek Johnson & Daniel Turner) Green Advantage Certified project managers on staff who can help you achieve your LEED Innovation Credit. They also participate in continuing education courses to keep up to date on new products, ideas and changes in the LEED system.
Typical scope includes:
- Exterior load bearing and non-load bearing metal stud framing
- Truss installation
- Stadium seating framing
- Exterior sheathing and vapor barrier
- Interior load bearing and non-load bearing metal stud framing
- Interior drywall, insulation and caulking
- Furrdown and soffitt framing
- Acoustic ceilings, acoustic wall panels & Tectum wall panels
- Linear wood ceilings
- Wood and flat metal blocking and backing
- Installation of hollow metal door frames
- Drywall trim
- Third Party Structural Engineering
Non Typical scopes we have performed:
- Exterior Hardi-Plank siding
- Installation of doors and hardware
- Installation of restroom partitions and accessories
- Plywood roof decking
- Nail-on drywall and insulation
- GFRG & GFRC column covers and shapes
- Metal decking supply and installation
- Bullet resistive wall panels
- Expansion joint covers
Morris Drywall Systems services a wide array of job site locations. We employee a full time superintendent and several foremen who are willing to travel to other states. We have a corporate office in East Texas and satelite offices in the Dallas and Baton Rouge areas. Having these locations have assisted us in traveling east into Louisiana, North into Oklahoma, to West Texas towns such as Midland and South Texas towns such as Eagle Pass. These projects have not exceeded our abilities to travel, and we are excited about the possibility of extending our list.
Some noteworthy projects:
- Federal Courthouse in Baton Rouge Louisiana
- Springhill Suites Hotels in Houston & Webster Texas
- Consolidated Maintenance Facility in Alexandria Louisiana
- Elementary and High Schools in Kermit Texas
- Kohls Department Store in Eagle Pass Texas
- Starplex in Rio Grande City Texas
- Legacy Bank in Oklahoma City
- Rio 10 Cinema in Kerrville Texas
- Cooper Middle School in Lubbock Texas
- Brazos City Mall in Lake Jackson Texas
Morris Drywall Systems has taken great steps to improving the safety of our men and of those around us at jobsites. In 2004 we introduced a full time position for Safety Engineer whose responsibility is to assure that all possible measures are taken to provide a safe working environment. To assist in the tasks we formed a safety committee that meets periodically to discuss the job site environment and possible ways to make it safer.
Policies Implemented/Developed for Employee Safety
Safety manual available upon specific request. Includes general safety rules, hazard reporting, personal protection, material handling, hazard communication, medical and first aid training, fall protection, scaffolds and aerial lifts safety, ladder safety, tool and equipment safety, drug-free workplace policy, employee discipline policy and Green Towel policy.
MDS Green Towel Program: Each employee is given a green towel and is to inspect each piece of equipment they are working with. If the equipment passes the safety inspection they hang their towel and proceed. If the equipment is not safe it is returned for repair or replacement.
Job Box Meetings: Each week the site foreman is to perform a small meeting at the job site addressing a safety issue that may be coming up or that pertains to the current project.
Daily Safety Reports: Each foreman has a report to fill out each day about the safety of the project.
Equipment Training: Training is offered by Morris Drywall to its employees for the equipment that is either provided or rented by Morris Drywall.
Material Safety Data Sheets: MSDS sheets are available at the job box at each job site.
EMR Rating: 2012 0.87 | 2013 0.95 | 2014 0.95
Fatalities in past 10 years: None
Written safety policy? Yes
Weekly safety meetings? Yes
Daily hazard analysis? Yes
Safety incentive program? No
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code: 1742
North American Industry Classification (NAICS) Code: 238310
Average Number of Employees: 150
Average Annual Sales Volume: $21,000,000.00
PCL Contract Bonding Agency
3010 LBJ Freeway, Suite 920
Dallas, Texas 75234-2750
HUB International Rigg (Dallas)
2001 Bryan Street, Ste. 800
Dallas, TX 75201